API Reference Manual
TRE implements the full POSIX regex API, plus a bunch of extensions. The basic flow is that first you compile your regex string into a
regex_t object. Then you can search for matches with the various regexec functions.
- regcomp() – Compiling Regexps
- regexec() – Searching for Matches
- regaexec() – Approximate Matching
- reguexec() – Matching Over Arbitrary Input
- Utility Functions and Macros
Regex Syntax Manual
TRE implements most of the POSIX regex syntax, as documented on the Regex Syntax page.